Saturday, July 22, 2006

Basement Windows

Today we were able to use the circular saw to cut into the walls, from either side, and then use the hand saw to cut through the remaing foam insulation. Then knock the piece out with a hammer. Then we removed foam so that a frame for the window could be built, then the window was installed.
We had the drywall for the basement delivered and we put it in before we closed up the decking above.
We ran out of decking, but are almost finished. Tom trimmed up the remains of the panels to add in more insulation at the ends of the walls.
My Mom, Ben and I.
The head-bonking doorway is now too low. Notice the warning I wrote across the top of the door.

1 comment:

rizwan said...

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. Basement Window well covers utah